Prior to your surgery it is important that you do the following:
- Stop taking any blood thinning medication 10 days prior to the operation.
- If you are taking blood thinning medication for a heart problem or history of previous stroke notify Dr Robinson so he is aware and alternative blood thinning agents can be given in the interim.
- Stop taking any herbal remedies 10 days prior to the operation.
- Stop taking Fish Oil tablets 10 days prior to the operation.
The night before the operation:
- Don’t drink more than 2 standard drinks of alcohol.
- Don’t smoke.
- You will be notified of your time you need to fast from the day before the operation.
On the day of your operation:
- Take your regular medication excluding any blood thinners with a small sip of water.
- Ensure you do not eat or drink anything for the 6 hours before the operation.
If you feel unwell on the day of the operation or the day before:
- Let Dr Robinson’s rooms know that you feel unwell.
- Dr Robinson and his anaesthetist will assess your symptoms and if there is any undue risk associated with continuing with the procedure an alternative date will be arranged as soon as is convenient.